I am looking for graduate students who are interested in building large software systems, have solid software implementation skills, and get excited about areas such as operating systems, distributed systems, or computer security.
If you are interested in these research areas, please read this information about our research group, and send me mail with your CV and transcripts. I will not reply if you send me a generic admissions inquiry.
Current Graduate Students
Here are the students who are teaching me everything I know (borrowing a quote from my advisor). Feel free to contact them if you want to learn more about my projects. All the current students below also being being advised by Prof. Angela Demke Brown. Below, I have added the year when each student joined because that encourages fast graduation (TM)!
- George Amvrosiadis (CS, 2009)
- Daniel Fryer (CS, 2011)
- Kuei (Jack) Sun (ECE, 2012)
- Peter Goodman (CS, 2013)
- Mike Qin (ECE, 2013)
- Francis Deslauriers (ECE, 2014)
- Peter McMcCormick (CS, 2014)
Past Graduate Students
Here is the list of students I have advised in the past (the year listed below is when the student graduated).
- Jing Su (CS, 2010). Considering Mobile Devices, Context Awareness, and Mobile Users. Co-advised with Prof. Eyal de Lara.
- Khaled Ziyaeen (CS, 2014). Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Silviu Jingoi (CS, 2014). Co-advised with Prof. Eyal de Lara.
- Mike Qin (ECE, 2013). Reliable Writeback for Client-Side Flash Caches. Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Akshay Kumar (ECE, 2013). Debugging with Behavioral Watchpoints. Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Zoe Chow (ECE, 2013). Rosie - A Recovery-Oriented Security System.
- Kuei (Jack) Sun (ECE, 2013). Robust Consistency Checking for Modern File Systems. Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Eric Wright (CS, 2012). Effective use of sleep states with context-aware selective resume. Co-advised with Prof. Eyal de Lara.
- Maxim Siniavine (ECE, 2012). Seemless Kernel Updates.
- Peter Feiner (CS, 2011). Comprehensive Kernel Instrumentation via Dynamic Binary Translation. Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Daniel Fryer (CS, 2011). Verifying File System Consistency at Runtime. Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Ekin Akkus (ECE, 2009). Data Recovery for Web Applications. Currently pursuing PhD at MPI, Germany.
- Vladan Djeric (ECE, 2009). Securing Script-Based Extensibility in Web Browsers.
- Vivek Lakshmanan (CS, 2009). Exploiting File System Awareness for Improvements to Storage Virtualization. Co-advised with Prof. Angela Demke Brown.
- Shvetank Jain (ECE, 2008). A Framework for Application-Level Isolation and Recovery.
- Fareha Shafique (ECE, 2007). Application-Level File System Isolation.
- Jing Su (CS, 2005). User Mobility For Opportunistic Ad-Hoc Networking. Co-advised with Prof. Eyal de Lara.
- Kenneth Po (ECE, 2005). Determining Intrusion Activity for File-System Recovery.
- Kamran Farhadi (ECE, 2005). Intrusion Analysis and Recovery.