I am currently an assistant professor at Shiraz University, Iran. [LINK TO THE WEB PAGE] .
- Ph.D. degree, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, 2007. Thesis title:: "System Software Utilization of Hardware Performance Monitoring Information".
- M.A.Sc. degree, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, 2002. Thesis title: "miNi Minimizing Network Interface Memory Requirements by Dynamic Handle Lookup".
- MS degree in Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1997. Thesis title: "The design and partial implementation of memory management subsystem of an object-oriented operating system".
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Software, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1995, The title of the design project: "The design and implementation of a compiler for Eiffel programming language".
R. Azimi, D. Tam, L. Soares, and M. Stumm, Enhancing Operating System Support for Multicore Processors by Using Hardware Performance Monitoring,
in SIGOPS Operating Systems Review (OSR), Special Issue on the Interaction Among the OS, Compilers, and Multicore Processors,
D. Tam, R. Azimi, L. Soares, and M. Stumm, RapidMRC: Approximating L2 Miss Rate Curves on Commodity Systems for
Online Optimizations, In Proc. of International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages Operating Systems (ASPLOS), March 2009, Washington D.C., USA. .
R. Azimi, L. Soares, M. Stumm, A. Demke-Brown, and T. Walsh, Fine-grained Page Access Tracking to Improve Memory Management. In Proc. of International Symposium on Memory Management (ISMM), October 2007, Montreal, Canada .
R. Wisniewski, R. Azimi, M. Desnoyers, M. Michael, J. Moreira, D. Shiloach, and L. Soares, Experiences Understanding Performance in a Commercial Scale-Out Environment, To Appear in Proc. of Euro-Par 2007 Conference, August 2007, Rennes, France .
D. Tam, R. Azimi, L. Soares, and M. Stumm, Managing Shared L2 Caches on Multicore Systems in Software, To Appear in Workshop on the Interaction between Operating Systems and Computer Architecture, Held in junction with 2007 International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA-34). June 2007, San Diego, CA, USA.
D. Tam, R. Azimi, and M. Stumm, Thread Clustering: Sharing-Aware Scheduling on SMP-CMP-SMT Multiprocessors.
In Proc. of ACM SIGOPS European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys), Lisbon, Portugal, March 2007.
R. Azimi, M. Stumm, and R. Wisniewski, Online Performance Analysis by Statistical Sampling of Microprocessor Performance Counters.
In Proc. of the 19th International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS), Boston, MA, June 2005.
R. Wisniewski, P. Sweeney, K. Sudeep, M. Hauswirth, E. Duesterwald, C. Cascaval, and R. Azimi. Performance and Environment Monitoring for Whole System Characterization and Optimization
In Proc. of the First Watson Conference on Power/Performance interaction with Architecture, Circuits, and Compilers, Yorktown Heights, NY, October 2004.
D. Tam, R. Azimi, and H.A. Jacobsen, Building Content-Based Publish/Subscribe Systems using Distributed Hash Tables.
In Proc. of the International Workshop on Databases, Information Systems and Peer-to-Peer Computing, September 2003, Berlin, Germany,
J. Appavoo, M. Auslander, D. Da Silva, O. Krieger, M. Ostrowski, B. Rosenburg, R. W. Wisniewski, J. Xenidis, M. Stumm, B. Gamsa, R. Azimi, R. Fingas, A. Tam, D. Tam, Enabling Scalable Performance for General Purpose Workloads on Shared Memory Multiprocessors, IBM Research Report RC22863.
R. Azimi and A. Bilas. mini: Reducing network interface memory requirements with dynamic handle lookup.
In Proc. of the 17th ACM International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS), June 2003, San Francisco, CA, USA.
R. Christodoulopoulou, R. Azimi, and A. Bilas. Dynamic data replication: An approach to providing fault-tolerant shared memory clusters.
In Proc. of The 9th IEEE Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), February 2003.
R. Azimi and A. Bilas. Evaluating the performance impact of dynamic handle lookup in modern network interfaces.
In the 2nd Workshop on Novel Uses of System Area Networks (SAN-2), Held in junction with the 9th Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA). Feb. 2003, Anaheim, USA. [pdf]
Angelos Bilas, Courtney R. Gibson, Reza Azimi, Rosalia Christodoulopoulou, and Peter Jamieson.
Using system emulation to model next-generation shared virtual memory clusters.
Special Issue of Cluster Computing: the Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications, Vol. 6, Issue 4 (Oct. 2003), pp. 325-338.
CSC69 (Operating Systems) at the Scarborough Campus of the UofT.
Also I was a TA for the following courses both in ECE and CS departments of U of T:
- CSCC69 : Operating Systems.
- ECE299 : Communication and Design II
- ECE341 : Computer Organization
- CSC372 : Microprocessor Software
- ECE344 : Operating Systems Design
- ECE443 : System Software
- CSC209 : Unix System Tools and Programming
- ECE242 : Data Structure and Algorithms
- CSC458 : Computer Networks
- CSC326 : Principles of Programming Languages
Mountains of Iran