StudentsI have had the opportunity to work with some excellent graduate students at U of T.
- James Huang, MASc(ECE): Automatically Identifying Configuration Files, 2009.
- Afshar Ganjali, (ECE)
- Beom Heyn (Ben) Kim, MSc(CS): Automated Virtual Machine Replication and Transparent Machine Switch Support for An Individual Personal Computer User, 2010.
- Wei Huang, MAsc(ECE): UnityFS: A File System for the Unity Block Store, 2013.
- Michelle Wong, MASc(ECE): Targeted Dynamic Analysis for Android Malware , 2015.
- Sukwon Oh, MS(CS): Efficiently Crawling CMS Applications, 2016.
- Mariana D'Angelo, (ECE)
- Peter Sun, (ECE)
- Diego Velasquez, (ECE)
- Mohammed Mannan, Post-doctoral Fellow: 2009-2011. Last known position: Faculty Member at Concordia University.
- Lionel Litty, PhD(CS): Architectural Introspection and Applications, 2010. MSc(CS): Hypervisor-based Intrusion Detection, 2005. Last known position: VMware.
- Phillipa Gill, PhD(CS): Improving Dependability for Internet Scale Services, 2012. Last known position: Faculty Member at University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- Kurniadi Asrigo, MASc(ECE): Virtual Machine Monitor Support for Kernel Monitoring, 2005. Last known position: SAP Canada.
- Tom Hart, MSc(CS): Comparative Performance of Memory Reclamation Strategies for Lock-free and Concurrently-readable Data Structures, 2005. Last known position: IBM Canada.
- Richard Ta-Min, MASc(ECE): Splitting Interfaces: Making Trust Between Applications and Operating Systems Configurable, 2006. Last known position: Oanda Corp.
- Ian Sin, MASc(ECE): Kernel Support for Redundant Execution on Multiprocessors, 2007. Last known position: IBM Canada.
- Jesse Pool, MASc(ECE): Kernel Support for Deterministic Redundant Execution of Shared Memory Workloads on Multiprocessor Systems, 2007. Last known position: VMware.
- Stan Kvasov MASc(ECE): DREM: Architectural Support for Deterministic Redundant Execution of Multithreaded Programs, 2009. Last known position: MediaTek.
- Lee Chew MASc(ECE): System for Detecting, Preventing and Exposing Atomicity Violations in Multithreaded Programs, 2009. Last known position: AMD.
- Adam Zarek, MSc(CS): OpenFlow Timeouts Demystified, 2012. Last known position: Google.
- Kathy Au, MASc(ECE): PScout: Analyzing the Android Permission Specification, 2012. Last known position: Google.
- Zheng Wei , MSc(CS): LazyTainter : Memory-Efficient Taint Tracking in Managed Runtimes, 2014. Last known position: Google.
- Dhaval Miyani, MASc(ECE): BinPro: A Tool for Binary Backdoor Accountability in Code Audits, 2016. Last known position: Nvidia.
I am always looking for smart and motivated students. Please see the section here on my main web page for more information.
Graduate Student AdviceSome accmulated wisdom for current graduate students or potential graduate students:
- What to Ask When You're Applying to Grad School
- Survival Guide
- Hitchhiker's Guide
- The illustrated guide to a Ph.D