Welcome to my homepage!
My name is Myrto Papadopoulou (Misel-Myrto to be more precise)
and I am a Ph.D. candidate
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department at the University of Toronto.
You may contact me at: myrto[at]eecg[dot]toronto[dot]edu.
My former academic history is as follows:
|My current CV is
ResearchMy research area is computer
my supervisor is Professor Andreas
M.A.Sc. thesis: "Evaluation of Large Stacked DRAM Caches in a
Chip Multiprocessor Environment".
I find every aspect of computer architecture intriguing.
Why? Well, probably because as Hennessy & Patterson said:
"It's not a dreary science of paper machines that will never work.
No! It's a discipline of keen
intellectual interest, requiring the balance of marketplace forces to
leading to glorious failures and some notable successes."
For my M.A.Sc, I have taken the following courses:
And for the Ph.D:
- Advanced Computer Architecture (ECE1773)
- Biologically Inspired Computing (ECE1775)
- Optimizing Compilers (ECE540)
- Parallel Computer Architecture and Programming (ECE1755)
- VLSI Systems Design (ECE1373)
- Industry Perspectives on Practical Problems in Computer Security
- Sp. Topics in Software Eng: Programming Massively Parallel
Graphics Processors (ECE1724)
- Topics in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning:
Planning and Reasoning about Action (CSC2542)
- Topics in Modern Computer Architecture:
Reliability, Power and Functionality (ECE1718)
- Topics in Computer System Performance and Reliability (CSC2232)
So far, I have TAed the following undergrad courses here at UofT:
- ECE452: Computer Architecture (Fall 2010)
- ECE552: Computer Architecture (Fall 2012)
- ECE243: Computer Organization (Winter 2007-2013)
- ECE244: Programming Fundamentals (Fall 2008)
- ECE253: Digital and Computer Systems (Fall 2009)
- APS105: Computer Fundamentals (Fall 2007)
For inspiration :)
- "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to
lose sight of the shore." (Andre Gide)
- "Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of
traveling." (Margaret Lee Runbeck)