University of Toronto
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
ECE352F: Computer Organization
The main course web page is on CCNET at
- Labs start the week of September 20th.
- There is a new lab manual, but if you have the old manual that is adequate, since the labs are
available online .
- For the assembly labs, you can test your code at home with the simulators available on the
ultragizmo website .
- Lego kits are needed for labs 2 and 3. They can be obtained from Norman in BA3110. Remember to
take a student card with you.
- A labtest is scheduled for Nov. 16. It will take place during the lab and will last for 2 hrs.
Here is a copy of a previous year's lab test in PS and
- If you want to use Quartus at home, you will need to copy this quartus.ini
file and place it in the quartus working directory (The directory you installed quartus too), and the bin directory.
- Make sure that you have simulations of your designs for all of the upcoming labs.
- Here is an example of simulating a tristate buffer. The zip file includes a picture of the output waveform. Verilog: tristate_verilog.zip or VHDL: tristate_vhdl.zip